Thursday, November 22, 2012

When life gives you lemonade..

I've SAT exam on 1st Dec and TOEFL exam on 8th Dec, hope everything will go well. Maybe not everyone knows, (most of my classmates don't know about this and I don't want them to know cause I might sound well..rather vexatious or ungrateful or anything.. I don't know) I really really wanna get 1200 and above for my SAT Critical Reading and Mathematics. Well, this is my second time taking SAT. I got 1040 for previous exam. I achieved Mara's requirement, but I get so greedy --though I don't think I am, but somehow it's true, maybe greedy in a good way-- I wanna score higher. I just feel that I didn't do my best on my last exam cause I was so busy with the assignments, projects and stuffs; thus, I didn't really focus on SAT. Some of you might wonder, what the hell is SAT? Well google it yourself, will you? Perhaps, you've heard it from any movies or american series you've watched, haven't ya? Okay let's get back to the business, the reasons why I think I wanna a second chance is that, I feel if I focus this time, (which I really do this time) maybe I can improve my scores. Some said the US Universities don't really look at our SAT scores because we're international students, but still, I don't really believe those who said that. Even if it's the truth, I still wanna give my best. Maybe thats who I am. I just think of this way, if they look at my score, 1040 and maybe other students from other countries got 1100 or maybe just 1050, who would they choose? I know grades aren't everything, they still look at your co-curriculum and activities you've participated, but still, I don't want just because of that difference of 10 scores, I don't get accepted by the University I've chosen. Thats how greedy I am. And for TOEFL exam, I'm a bit stressed about it. It's quite similar to MUET or IELTS. I'm kinda nervous to answer TOEFL speaking cause we're given only a few seconds, less than a minute to think what to respond. And awkward part is, we need to speak in front of the computer!! Yes, everything is internet-based test. Therefore, I think MUET is easier cause they got 2 minutes to think of points to answer the speaking test, then they're all handwritten test, even during writing test, if you exceed the time limit, it's still okay. Not for toefl, if you exceed the time limit, your essay will be straight away send to the examiner. It's like NO MERCY for you! But anyway, what I realize I need to do is..

No comments: