Friday, October 5, 2012

My Future Husband

Well this is one of my assignment that I needed to do last 2 weeks (I guess). It's the classification essay and my class got a topic "the type of person that I want to get married with". So here it is,


             A popular saying goes, "Marriage involves three rings: the engagement ring, the wedding ring and suffering. " However, I believe that normal human beings have the instinct of finding a mate to complete their life through marriage. Since I was a child, I had watched a lot of couples on television especially the fairy tales where the prince charming would ride his white horse to rescue the princess of his life and propose to her ;thus, I have a dream of getting married to my own version of prince charming who will take me as his princess.  Like any other girls, I have my own type of person that I want to get married with.

            First and foremost, I'm not looking for 'Mr. Perfect-Looking Guy', but still, I prefer someone who is a good-looking. Maybe to some people the physical appearance is not important, but to me it is. In my opinion, I am going to spend my whole life after marriage with that person under the same roof; therefore, I need someone who can calm me down just by looking at his adorable face whenever I have to face with difficulties. Personally, I prefer a handsome guy who is tall and muscular. This is because I will feel guarded and safe whenever I am around him. He should have a broad shoulders so that he would be my knight in shining armor that will protect and cover me whenever I need. I am not discriminating people, but he should also have a fair skin. I have no valid reason why I prefer a guy who has a fair skin, but there is an idiom says, "Beauty lies on the eyes of the beholder." To my eyes, a man who has a fair skin is more attractive than a man who has a dark skin.

            Life is full of challenges and so does marriage. Good communication is one of the most crucial things in a solid relationship. According to Fried Nietzsche, "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages". Hence, I would want my future husband to be a friend whom I can easily communicate. He must be frank, honest and understanding in any kind of situations. I would also want my future companion to share his thoughts. I would love to hear everything about his life, family, education, dreams, problems and things he likes or dislikes, so that we could understand each other better than anyone else do. In return, he also needs to be interested to know about my past, my current progressions in my life and my dreams for the future. My friends labeled me as a loquacious type of person, so he must be someone who would enjoy to listen to my stories too. Whenever I have my ups and downs in life, he would be there for me, listen to my problems and try his best to comfort me and support me. He would also be the one who will not only focus on the flaws in every situation or problem that we are facing at that moment, but see the silver lining behind every cloud.

            In the song 'As Long As You Love Me' by Justin Bieber, there is a verse that has a meaning that he would not mind to be starving, homeless and broke as long as the girl he loves, loves him back and she is willing to live with him together. To some girls, the lyrics might be sweet and romantic, but in my point of view, no matter how much I love my future consort, I still need him to provide me shelter, food and money for living. I truly understand that money cannot buy us happiness, but as you can see nowadays, there are a lot of married couples are facing difficulties or even worse, getting a divorce because of financial problem. For this reason, I would want my future spouse to have a stable career such as a doctor or diplomat and have a good financial support. He does not have to be rich like Bill Gates or Donald Trump; as long as he is capable to provide me with the basic necessities of life, I will be satisfied enough. However, if he could provide me a huge bungalow with a swimming pool, an elegant car, branded items and expensive jewelries -- that will be a bonus.

            Above all other qualities, the perfect spouse is the one who is religious. I strongly believe that if a person who has strong faith and relationship with the God, he would have a good character. For instance, he would respect and love his wife from the bottom of his heart. He would also try his best to guide her to the correct path to be a better Muslimah. Another reason why I would want to get married with someone who is religious is because he would have a good heart which can make me feel blessed whenever I am with him. Other than that, he would correct me if I have ever done anything wrong in my life whether it is opposed to our religion or our culture. Imagine if you got married to someone who is not religious? If he could not keep a good relationship with the Lord of Universe, how would he keep a good relationship with me? If he is loyal to Allah as His servant from the day he was born, then at least I can assure that he will be loyal and faithful to me as well. With this in mind, I will promise my total loyalty and faithfulness to my future spouse.

            To sum up, there is a lot of other qualities that make a prefect husband material to me. While it is easy for me to make lists, but to find a the man that live up with the type that I want is difficult; therefore, I must hold to the saying, "Nobody is perfect". Instead of focusing on my requisitions on the type of person I want to get married with, I think I should look at myself in the mirror and recognize my own imperfections. If that person is my soul mate who is made especially for me, I should accept him the way he is as my own version of prince charming and live together happily-ever-after. As Barnett Bricker said, "Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate."

No comments: