Saturday, May 4, 2013

Summer Scent.

Hola!
I know I didn't update my blog for so long. And surprise! I changed my blog's title. Why? Don't ask me why, I've no reason.

As everyone of you know that I'd super hectic Spring semester, that's why I got no time to write something. In fact, I actually forgot about this blog. I'm truly sorry.

I purposely pick "summer scent" as for the title of this post because it's gonna be Summer semester which is my last semester to improve my result. (and summer scent is one of Korean dramas, tetralogy of Endless Love)

Remember my last post? I said that to fly to the United States this year for Fall 2013 intake, I need to fulfill all the requirements? So here are those requirements --let me recall your memory-- :


1. SAT 1000 ()
2. TOEFL 79 ()
3, CGPA 3.5 (
)
4. University Placement ()
5. Visa ( )


And Alhamdulillah, yesterday, as I checked my result, I finally got CGPA above 3.5. When I first entered Spring semester, I knew that I needed to work harder as the semester had the highest credit hour (19) and I had screwed up my last Fall semester (first sem), I got 3.38. So, in order to get at least CGPA 3.5, I have to get GPA 3.6 in Spring semester. At first, I aimed, well yeah, 3.6 for Spring semester and I planned to get 4 flat in Summer semester as it only has 5 credit hour and it's achievable.

But something big happened, and I was surprised by my result, I got GPA 3.81 and CGPA 3.64. Yes, it was far from what I expected. When I first logged onto the End Semester Result, when it finally showed my result, my eyes were looking exactly at my CGPA and I was like..seriously? Did I look onto CGPA or GPA? then I looked on the left side of the page, it stated there GPA 3.81. Then only I looked up to the grades. I was shivering. Yes I was. I shouted for my mom and I ran to her downstairs and hugged her. My dad was shocked as well because I once said to him that based on my carry marks, the higest GPA I could get is only 3.7 and that was beyond achievable; it's gonna be a miracle if I got 3.7, but well, miracle happened. Thats why they said, "Expect the unexpected."

It was worth all my efforts. I remember when Ms Asma said, "Which one do you one? 100 marks without doing anything or after you've tried your best, as you'll look at your result by the end of the semester, ehhh, Ms Asma gives me an A- ?" That time I thought, well I'm not gonna be that person who would get A- from Ms Asma as she's very strict in marking. And there you go, I did say, "ehh Ms Asma gives me an A-" even though in the beginning I thought I'm not gonna get A- because I screwed up my first essay; I got B for my midterm, but I guess my essay 2 and research paper were okay, that's why I could get an A-. It was worth that I spent 8 hours editing my essay and made 3 drafts before I finalized the final draft. It was worth the sleepless night I spent to do the research paper and prepare for the presentation. Thank you Ms Asma.

I also didn't expect that I would get a solid A for my speech communication. With my carry marks, yes, I could get an A but I had to struggle for my final exam thats why I only expected for an A-. But yeah, it was worth the time I had to make the speech outline; I always spent at least 4 hours to do my outline. Thank you Mr. Kamal, you're the best speech com lecturer ever.

Remember when I said I got 76/100 for my calculus test 1? And because of that wake up call, I got A for my calculus. I love mathematics and I did take it for granted at first because I always score in Mathematics but yeaahh they said, "failure is the best teacher." 

I had so much awesome and painful memories in Spring semester, and I love how they name the semester according to the seasons because all I could remember now is the beautiful memories of Spring semester just like beautiful flowers in Spring season. The season has changed, that was the end of the Spring waltz, and let's start focusing on Summer scent. 

And Insya Allah, Pennsylvania State University, I will step my feet at your place soon in the Fall. 


Love, Hannah.


No comments: